Seth Leitman is an Electric Car Expert and a real Green Living Guru. He’s also The Green Living Guy. Seth has worked for the State of NY & has become a green expert on everything from electric cars, green schools, LED green lighting, indoor air quality & alternative fueled vehicles. He also serves as Program Manager of Drive Electric Hudson Valley in New York & Founding President of the Greater Hudson Valley Electric Auto Association.
In addition, Seth developed the Green Guru Guides series of books in 2010 with TAB DIY McGraw-Hill. These green living expert guides focus on making Eco tech work for you. Due to his love for education, Seth is donating the Green Guru Guides books to schools and libraries across the United States. A prolific blogger, he has been featured on TV and videos representing major corporations like Panasonic USA about Tesla Powerwall, Tesla Model 3 and Solar Shingles. The Green Guru Guides are a series of books offering the environmentally conscious consumer and hobbyist authoritative, practical, and fun do-it-yourself green living information. It shows the reader how to do a particular task, whether it’s building a new energy-efficient vehicle, greening a particular task, or greening an entire home. The Green Guru Guides’ covers and interior pages printed on Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) approved, acid-free papers containing 100% post-consumer fiber.
48 Hazelton Circle, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510
Green guru and electric car expert in renewable energy, energy efficiency and sustainable technologies. Green company owner and author with over 25 years of expertise in the fields of renewable energy, environmental technologies and clean transportation. Energetic and creative leader who is able to develop concepts into nationally recognized programs. Extensive accomplishments in securing program funding through public and private partnerships and government regulation. Highly effective public speaker with experience speaking to trade shows, conferences and worldwide media outlets. Excellent communications expert for government programs and initiatives.
Green Living Guy Productions
Founder, Chief Executive Officer 2008 to Present
Developed blog and website for the Green Living Guy brand that focuses on green living news, electric cars and all other aspects related to the Green Guru Guide series. As well, developed social media presence and overall branding for the Green Living Guy.
• To date, over 5,400 plus stories have been entered into the blog. Overall the total numbers of posts or stories are original content.
• The site this year went from 2.3M to 4.2 M visitors in 2018.
• The overall social media presence over 20M impression per month
• Develop social media campaigns for companies that are green or wishing to push
• Represented Panasonic USA and Tesla at CES 2018
• Hosted four, 3 Minute green Living segments on NYC Media. Reached over 25 M over 20 days.
McGraw-Hill Companies, New York, NY 2008 to Present
Consulting Editor, Green Guru Guides
Develop ideas and find authors for books that focus on green technologies for a new series called the Green Guru Guides. Work directly with the Author, Senior Editor and Publisher of the technical publications group to develop guidelines for proposals on book ideas that will be approved by the Board of McGraw-Hill.
• To date, have developed several book ideas to contact.
• Books to date include: Build Your Own Plug-in Hybrid, Build Your Own Electric Motorcycle, Renewable Energies for Your Home, Green Lighting, Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audits, Solar Power for Your Home and Build Your Own Electric Vehicle, 2nd and 3rd Editions (this book is a leading seller for McGraw-Hill Professional), Build Your Own Small Wind Power System, Green Lighting.
• Currently donating to large school districts as part of an education campaign.
ETS ENERGY STORE, LLC, Mount Kisco, NY 2004 to Present
Chief Executive Officer / Managing Member
Directly oversee, own and manage e-green company. Dynamic, results oriented manage, leader and owner of green transportation and lifestyle companies. After the site has generated over $200,000 in revenues, the company became an Energy Conservation Consulting Company.
• Developed an ETS Energy Store site that launched in April 2006 and ended in 2012. Since then, ETS Energy has increased the total consulting jobs from year over year. Based on the success of this, ETS Energy is now sustainability and renewable energy consulting services.
• After restricting to consulting company the company has now seen 250 percent increase in revenues. First major government client, Solarize Hudson Valley with NYSERDA.
ELECTRIC TRANSPORTATION SOLUTIONS, LLC, Mount Kisco, NY 2004 to 2008
Oversaw, directed, managed and lead green transportation and lifestyle companies. Manage the overall production of the e-commerce company. Direct the domestic representatives and administrative staff that cover the United States market. Develop the total direction of the companies to compete in the transportation and renewable markets. Those sites have generated over $500,000 in revenues.
• Developed an eCommerce site and image that launched in October 2004. Currently, these products include electric scooters, bikes, golf carts, converted electric vehicles and renewable energy. Sold directly with customers across the country and also developed state and federal government programs that encouraged electric transportation versus gas. This website received over 40,000 visits a month.
NEW YORK POWER AUTHORITY, White Plains, NY 2000 to 2004
Market Development & Policy Specialist, Electric Transportation Group
Developed, marketed and managed electric and hybrid vehicle programs for Electric Transportation Group which serves the New York metropolitan area for the nation’s largest publicly owned utility. Increased the total number of electric vehicles to NYPA customers across the New York area from 150 to 700. This enhanced public awareness of programs. Negotiated and managed partnerships with government agencies and corporations. Implemented a database which tracks and reports the energy and environmental savings of the vehicles placed into service. Developed analysis and provided policy recommendations to officials regarding environmental, economic and energy policy issues that affected the State of New York.
• Developed the NYPA/TH!NK Clean Commute Program which placed 100 vehicles in the New York Metropolitan area. Secured and controlled $6.5 million budget funded by the federal government and Ford Motor Company. Created incentive program that offered commuters parking, electric charging stations, insurance rebates and reduced train fares. Led publicity blitz at train stations with coverage in The New York Times, CNN, Good Morning America and other media sources.
• Created and lead the GEM and TH!NK Neighbor Donation Programs to provide low speed electric vehicles to municipalities and not-for-profit organizations. Negotiated with Daimler-Chrysler and Ford Motor Company to donate 330 vehicles.
• Developed and led the Green Zones Program to encourage the use of electric and hybrid equipment for urban green zone maintenance. Launched six-site demonstration project and collaborated with R&D teams at major equipment manufacturers to develop new on an off-road electrics.
• Coordinated with the efficient technology division of the energy efficiency department to install Low Emitting Diode (LED) technologies into traffic lights throughout the entire City of New York. Based on my involvement and coordination with NYC Department of Transportation officials, all city traffic lights are now using LED technology which has saved the City of New York millions in energy costs.
NEW YORK STATE ENERGY RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY, Albany, NY 1997 to 1999
Assistant Project Manager
Managed and worked directly on several key programs for the largest public authority that funded energy efficient, renewable energy and alternative fuel programs throughout New York State.
• Coordinated Clean Fuel Bus Program, a $100 million state-wide energy efficiency initiative. Managed contracts with transit operators throughout New York State to procure alternative-fueled buses. Created program visibility through strategic placement of signage, press events and media coverage.
• Managed the Clean Cities Program to promote alternative-fuel vehicles in five major cities throughout New York. Instrumental in overseeing a funding program called the Clean Cities Challenge, sponsored in partnership with US DOE that assisted in securing local program funds for projects and organizational funding. Guided municipal groups in identifying opportunities to improve energy efficiency of Clean City sites. Created the Clean Cities Sharing Network, a comprehensive information resource, which was adopted as a marketing tool and implementation guideline for program-wide use.
• Led the Green Schools Program, co-sponsored through a partnership with the US EPA. Identified specific high profile schools and directed efforts to conduct facility-wide energy audits. Authored reports to guide schools in achieving improved energy efficiency.
NEW YORK STATE SENATOR JESS J. PRESENT, Albany, NY 1996 to 1997
Analyzed energy, education and environmental policies, represented and wrote correspondence for State Senator, who represented the largest geographic district in the State of New York.
• Supported Senator in creating new legislation, which enabled school districts to reduce interest costs, through flexible bond payments on construction projects.
• Met with the Senator’s constituents and policy groups and wrote policy summaries minutes for Senator. Summarized issues and formulated policy recommendations to the Senator.
• Worked directly with the staff of the Governor’s Office and the New York State Senate Finance Committee staff to move policy positions for the Senator.
ROCKEFELLER COLLEGE OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS AND POLICY, Albany, NY
Master of Public Administration – 1996 Concentration: Comparative International Development
UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY, Albany, NY
Bachelor Arts – 1993 Major: Political Science Minors: Communications and Judaic Studies
Leitman, S & Brant, B. Build Your Own Electric Vehicle, McGraw Hill Publishing, New York, NY: 2008.
Knapp, J. & Leitman, S. Electric Vehicles in a Station Car Demonstration: A Case Study of the New York Power Authority Clean Commute Program, EPRI, Palo Alto, CA: 2003.
Karner, D., Francfort, J., & Leitman, S. U.S. Department of Energy Freedom Car & Vehicle Technologies, Advanced Vehicle Testing Activity, NYPA/TH!NK Clean Commute Program Report – Inception through February 2003. Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory (2003).
Report on Issues Regarding the Existing New York Liquefied Natural Gas Moratorium. November 1998. NYSERDA
09/2004 / 12/2007
Master of Public Administration / Comparative International Development at Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy